- A suite of modules and applications to help any company (large or small) to manage their people assets (Employees). It can also be extended to any other staff that work permanently or on contract.
- This Module is an important module IF you wish to use the various processes and approvals processes inside each module and application. For example: It is common sense to know that a “line Manager” can’t be found to approve a holiday, if there are no organisation charts or line managers!
- Currently the e-HR suite has the following modules on the live service:
- Employee List
- Org Chart
- Expenses Management
- Time and Holidays Management
- 360 Degree Reviews
E-HR Employee List
It is important to know that the e-HR dictionaries in Administration / e-HR Admin need to be fully populated to use these instructions. There is a strict process whereby the Company needs to be set up:
- Company set up first
- Then add Departments
- Then add Positions
- Then add people to those positions
- Lots of other attributes can be added to PEOPLE such as skills and costs etc etc.
An Employee list may be seen by all employees without special permission. However, the main list may NOT be further interrogated without permissions, so private data is always kept safe. The only information available to be seen on a public list (internal) is the Name, Department, Position, telephone number and email address of an employee.
GDPR regulations mean that any individual employee will always have permissions to see ALL of their personnel records for themselves.
You can reach the e-HR employee list in two ways:
- Click on e-HR on Coversheet and then select employee list from left menu
- Click on the link on the coversheet to edit company list and it takes you straight there
Adding new users to the list of employees (That are not SYSTEM USERS)
It is important to understand.. Just because you add an employee to your list of employees, doesn’t mean THEY have any access to this system.
It is best practice to have every single employee and contractor your company employs on this list.
However, it is nice rather than mandatory for them to have a license to USE this platform.
- Click yellow “Add” button on top right of screen
- This opens a screen to add a new employee.
- The picture below shows the boxes to fill in. The pink ones are mandatory.
- Once you have filled in one of these forms for all of your employees, you will be able to add them to your organisation. At present, they will only appear in the tab marked “Not active”
- You can, if you need, IMPORT this list from any spreadsheet or CSV file.
- The import button is top right of the list screen in green “Import”
Adding employees to the list (that ARE USERS of the system already)
In the System Administration guides, your Administrator will already have learned how to add users to the system and to assign application and package licenses to them. It is very likely that these users will already have permission groups set up in Administration / General Admin / Permission Groups and they will have been assigned to the correct Permission Group.
In the above case: These users do not need the same form to be added for them. Their details are already under the tab “Not Active” – See below picture of Employees list with “Not Active” selected
These are BOTH the Employees you added and the System Users you added.
Note: An individual does not need to have two records here, just one. Either from System User Admin or added via the e-HR module here.
Clicking on the name of the individual will open a larger form with info that can be further edited from the “Edit” button top right.
From here there is a strict process that must be followed to ensure your employees are seen and recognised by the system as CURRENT EMPLOYEES
Adding CURRENT Employees
An Employee that is currently working for your company (ie those that have not left or been dismissed) will need to have at least ONE main position assigned to them.
Click on the left side menu to select “Positions”
Adding an Employee to a Position
- You will now see the below form appear.
- It will allow you to click “Add” on top left annotated there
- The following form will then apply
- Pick a position from the drop-down box. If the position you want does not appear, you will need to refer to your Administrator who will need to set up the Administration / e-HR Admin / Positions
- The POSITION will already be linked to a DEPARTMENT, so this box will already be pre-filled
- You can make this person Head of the Department if you click box below “Is head”.
- The start date CAN be any date.. But beware.. If you use a FUTURE date.. The position and employee will not be Live until that date.
- Do not enter an end date unless this is a temporary employee
- The line Manager has an impact on the Organisation chart and many other processes that may require sign off or approval from the Line manager. So, pick the Line Manager that this person will report to. You can see choices of existing employees in the drop-down box
- Click primary to show this is their main position.
- Note: An employee can have many positions if you want. But, at least ONE must be primary.
- Click “Save” to close and save
- This employee will now be part of your company organisation.
- Check by clicking on Company Organisation Chart on left menu.
Employee list attributes
- On each employee page, you will find a long left-side menu with further information about this person.
- The more information you store here, the more you will be able to do with that information later.
- For example: If you choose not to put in any information about Education or Skills, that individual MAY not be able to join as a resource on a later PROJECT or JOB that requires particular skills.
- Below is a brief explanation of each tab:
- Employee Info – Just a place to store general info
- Address- Main permanent place of residence
- Emergency – Contacts in case of emergency
- CV – Place to upload a copy of the CV of employee
- Costs – IF you want to sell the time of this employee as a resource to clients, you can see the average associated costs here and margins can be added to timesheets etc.
- Dependents – Information only
- Education – Can be linked later to a training and CE scheme
- Courses – Can be linked to your in-house or external training provider. This can also be Integrated to accounts and expenses to sell individual education and training courses.
- Medical – Information
- Military Service – Information
- Documents – Link to Document manager for any other attachments linked to this employee
- Legal – Information
- Absence – Can be linked to attendance and to Holidays Management
- Accidents – Information
- Warnings – Can be linked to any disciplinary process you have
- Skills – Important place to store skills. Can be linked to Resources Management and Projects resources
- Positions – See above how to set employees into positions
- Objectives – Full process to manage the objectives and performance reviews are in the e-HR module
- 360 Degree Review – Full process to manage the reviews of employees by each other and to report are included in this e-HR Module.